Important Application Dates
Priority Application date: Friday, September 4, 2020 at 5pm.
Interviews will be scheduled beginning the week of August 31, 2020.
Applications will continue to be accepted on a space-available basis.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and full-time University of Missouri student in good standing
- Be from a group that is traditionally underrepresented in biomedical research. For the purpose of the MARC/IMSD program, underrepresented groups include those reported by the National Science Foundation as well as the National Academies to be nationally underrepresented in biomedical sciences (i.e. African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, natives of U.S. Pacific Islands and people with disabilities). Applicants may include and identify as any other categories that institutional policies have determined to be underrepresented in biomedical research fields with a strong rationale, appropriate references, and official validated documentation.
- Must be a full-time University of Missouri student in good standing.
- Must have a passion for science and research, a strong work ethic and time management skills, and a strong commitment to succeed and to uphold the goals of the MARC/IMSD Program.
- Complete brief questionnaire
- Answer 9 brief essay questions
- Attend interview with MARC/IMSD program director & staff
Fellows Applications due: Monday, March 15, 2021 at 5pm.
- Must be full-time MU student who has completed at least two semesters at MU prior to the start of their internship
- Must intend to work on a life science research project (basic, theoretical or applied, in the field and/or laboratory) with an MU faculty mentor
- Complete two page application form
- Provide a brief Research Project Proposal
- Provide a personal statement
- Provide an MU transcript, including Fall 2020 grades
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from science faculty or other appropriate mentors/instructors
Download Fellows Application